Our purpose is to raise up professional youth workers to reach the youth of our world through instruction, training, and spiritual formation. It is our goal that each student in this program will:
- engage in practical ministry through our student ministry program,
- receive instruction – both in class and with hands-on exercises,
- discover the theology and philosophies behind an effective youth ministry,
- learn how to administer pastoral care to youth and their families as a minister of the Gospel,
- confront critical issues concerning ministry to adolescents,
- learn and engage in skillful interpretation and application of the Word of God for the adolescent, and be prepared to pursue ordained ministry in a local church.
Through this program you have the opportunity to inspire the next generation to make a difference in their world. Kingswood University’s Youth Ministry Program exposes you to hands-on ministry experiences and brings you into contact with seasoned youth ministers from all over North America.
As a student of the Youth Ministry Program at Kingswood University you will take a number of courses dealing exclusively with youth ministry, including electives on such subjects as teens in crisis, global youth ministry, and urban youth ministry. You will also experience youth ministry first-hand during a 4-month internship under the supervision and mentoring of a youth pastor. You will find this program academically, professionally, and practically rewarding.