Kingswood University Outcomes
Kingswood University exists to serve Jesus Christ by strengthening the local and global church through forming Christ-like servant leaders in a community that creatively blends academic excellence and practical ministry experience with intentional spiritual formation.
In the accomplishment of the Mission of the University, the specific goal of Kingswood University is to enrich the knowledge, skills and Christ-like disposition of pastors, missionaries, children’s and youth pastors, church planters, worship leaders, teachers for Christian schools, general Christian service workers, and committed laity who will strengthen the local and global church. This is to be achieved by pointing students to:
- an appreciation for their role in the church universal (through space and time);
- an understanding of what it means to be a well-rounded wholesome Christian personality, physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually;
- an appreciation for the way academic excellence and practical ministry experience are inseparably intertwined with intentional spiritual formation.
Kingswood graduates will:
- demonstrate a greater knowledge of the Bible, the Christian faith, themselves, others, and the world around them;
- express a deeper appreciation of
- the church;
- a biblical sense of values;
- God’s plan for their lives;
- their spiritual, social, and national heritage;
- their privileges and responsibilities in contemporary life;
- apply research skills, critical thinking for independent study, the integration of all knowledge and experiences into a Christian worldview, and the effective communication of truth;
- model an ongoing development of a well-rounded wholesome Christian personality, physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually.
Retention relates to the number of students who continue as students from one semester or one year to the next.
Retention Rates – 2015 to present
|1st to 2nd Year||2nd to 3rd Year||3rd to 4th Year|
Completion rates measure the number of students who completed their program within 1½ times the allotted timeframe for their program; for example, those who completed a four-year bachelor’s degree in six years or less.
|Completion Rate||Class Size||Completion Rate||Class Size|
Bible Knowledge Standardized Exam
All Kingswood students take a standardized Bible knowledge exam upon enrolment and at graduation as a measure of increased knowledge of the Bible and Christian theology. Because of changes in the test and in Kingswood’s use of testing, data prior to 2019 is inconsistent.
|AVERAGE CHANGE IN SCORE|
|Graduating class||Old Testament||New Testament||Overall|
|2019||+ 5%||+ 11%||+ 7%|
|2020||+ 14%||+ 20%||+ 18%|
Beginning in Fall 2020 Kingswood is using a new Bible Knowledge Exam created by and provided by the Association for Biblical Higher Education. In time, this will provide comparative data among the Association’s institutions.
Placement rates below indicate how many graduates of undergraduate programs are serving in a related field and/or pursuing further education in a related field six months after graduation.