The Pastoral Ministry program is specifically designed to practically equip students from a variety of denominational backgrounds, to lead culturally relevant and effective ministry in and through dynamic churches. The training includes both academic and apprenticeship/experiential components to prepare the next generation of lead/solo/associate/assistant pastoral leaders. In this program, you will experience:
- hands-on practical ministry preparation,
- mentoring by effective senior pastors,
- site visits to growing/dynamic churches, and
- an intellectually challenging academic curriculum.
The 4 year program of study revolves around 3 major educational components, each of which has roughly the same number of credit hours.
1/3 General Education classes (English, History, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, etc.)
1/3 Bible/Theology classes (Old & New Test, Systematic Theology, Biblical languages, etc.)
1/3 Professional classes (Preaching, Church Leadership/Management, Evangelism,
- You will be exposed to a number of effective pastors and other church leaders through both site-visits to leading edge churches, as well as opportunities to interact with dynamic Christian leaders as they visit campus to preach in chapel and share in the classrooms.
- You will have an opportunity to take advanced courses in preaching, and computer applications in ministry.
- You will be able to choose from a broad selection of ‘elective’ ministry courses to achieve an advanced level of preparation.
- Most semesters you will be involved in variety of hands-on Student ministries in and through local churches. This will culminate in a 4 month internship in a ministry location jointly chosen by you and approved by the college.
- You will be mentored by an experienced Program Director who served as a church planting pastor, and has been used by God to see churches grow dramatically, a man who has a huge heart to invest in the next generation of men and women who are preparing for Pastoral Ministry.
The entire faculty and staff are committed to providing for you the very best preparation for ministry you can find anywhere. Dr. Elliott is quoted as saying “I would put a Kingswood University graduate against any graduate from any other Bible college or seminary. Repeatedly I hear church leaders say they would prefer to hire Kingswood University graduates because they know they are ready to provide effective and culturally relevant service in Christ’s kingdom. Kingswood University provides an outstanding educational experience, coupled with equal concern for character development.”