"Raising up a Kingdom Force"
Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31).
The Marketplace Ministry major is designed to prepare students to engage the world vocationally and from a biblical worldview. This program equips servant leaders with biblical foundations, vocational training, faith-work integration, and practical work-ministry experience, providing for the local and global church those who can serve effectively inside and outside the church. This program is designed for those who have vocational training and wish to pursue second-career ministry training and for those who wish to take both vocational and ministry training. It is designed to raise up a Kingdom Force who minister in the marketplace in North America and around the world.
Students are awarded one year of Kingswood credit for a certificate or diploma from a recognized institution, career, or community college. The Marketplace Ministry program is available as a major program of study only. APPLY NOW!
The Marketplace Ministry major is built on the B.A. (Ministry) core requirements including a course specifically related to the model and theology of marketplace ministry
Note: If you wish to view further details regarding the program, you may check out our catalogue.
Along with academic excellence, Kingswood University seeks to incorporate practical ministry experience into all our programs.
- You will participate in a Practicum assignment three times throughout your studies. This will entail doing practical ministry for three hours each week, under the direction of an approved student ministry supervisor.
- As a Marketplace Ministry major, you will embark on a Supervised Ministry Experience, the major practical component of your program. This experience will be completed in your fourth year and will last for approximately four months. You will work in a setting that best allows you prepare yourself to become a vital part of the Kingdom Force.
- You will be able to shorten your academic program because you've transferred your vocational certificate into Kingswood for academic credit. This will allow you to graduate more quickly, saving time and money. Most importantly, it will allow you to step sooner into your ministry in the marketplace.
An education at Kingswood University would not be complete without making an intentional effort to form students holistically—head, heart, hands, and habits.
- You will have weekly meetings with two or three accountability partners.
- You will be able to sit down and chat with your program director, to talk through life and ministry practices.
- You will also take part in Pulse and Chapel, two essential and integral components of what makes Kingswood so unique.
For the church to make a difference in post-Christian society will require a "Kingdom Force," men and women who are skilled in the marketplace and filled with the knowledge and skills for ministry. This program is designed for the person who intends to minister co-vocationally, through their occupation. Graduates will become part of the world-shaping Kingdom Force.