Bachelor of Arts in Ministry
“Experiencing the Call”
The Bachelor of Arts in Ministry is designed to train students for multiple types of ministries. In addition to excellent classroom instruction, during their fourth year B.A. in Ministry students will complete a four-month in-depth supervised ministry experience under the direct supervision of a qualified ministry leader in their field of study.
During this time, students will be exposed to a broad range of ministries within a local church or parachurch ministry. This supervised ministry experience gives opportunity for students to sharpen and focus ministry skills learned in the classroom. Students are also required to complete a minimum of three student ministry assignments.
- You will be acquainted with the work of ministry in multiple settings.
- You will gain a solid foundation for a life of intellectual and spiritual development.
- You will develop a sound philosophy of ministry.
- You will be given specific course work and practical experience opportunities to enhance the your ability to function as an effective leader in Christian ministry.
- You will demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for the central doctrines of the Christian faith and articulate them clearly.
- You will show an ability to view contemporary society from a biblical perspective and, in light of the historical past, develop a deeper appreciation of our Christian heritage.
- You will skillfully interpret, expound, and proclaim the Word of God through word and deed.
- You will accept leadership and function competently in a variety of church and parachurch ministries in North America and around the world.
- You will demonstrate a maturing Christian walk through the practice of prayer, the exercise of faith, edification through the Word, and obedience to the Holy Spirit.
The B.A. in Ministry gives you the option to customize your degree, allowing you to select majors which match your gifts and talents in order to fulfill your calling. You may choose to follow a specific ministry major or minor, or you may complete the B.A. in Ministry degree without following a designated major:
- Children’s Ministry
- Christian Counselling
- Church Planting
- Pastoral Ministry
- Evangelism, Compassion Ministry, & Social Justice
- Global Ministry
- Worship Leading
- Youth Ministry
Note: Students completing the B.A. in Ministry degree will meet many of the academic requirements for ordination in their respective denominations. The core courses meet the academic requirements for licensing in The Wesleyan Church. Students may then choose to pursue ordination in The Wesleyan Church. Depending on the selection of one’s major and/or minor, this may require a ninth semester at Kingswood.