Associate of Arts in Evangelism & Compassion Ministry
“Ministering to the Least of These”
Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. – Matthew 25:40
Do you have a heart for reaching those in the darkest places? Do you desire to reach out to those in desperate situations like human trafficking victims? Prostitutes? Drug addicts? Prisoners? The poor and needy? Jesus came to seek and save ALL who are lost – even those who are in the most difficult situations of life.
The Evangelism & Compassion degree (two-year program) will teach you how to be a servant and a witness as you minister to those outside the Church who do not know Jesus. You will be equipped to serve in evangelism and compassion ministry in a broad variety of settings. You will essentially learn to be the feet and hands of Jesus wherever you go.
Besides taking such courses like Foundations of Social Justice and Personal Evangelism, you will have opportunity to do ministry weekly in such places as street missions and soup kitchens. You will be able to do prison ministry monthly. You will also embark on two major trips to both an urban and cross-cultural setting. APPLY NOW!
- You will be immersed in an environment where you not only be trained in how to advocate for social justice, but you will also have opportunity to live out what you learn in the classroom – every week.
- You will form lasting relationships with those who are like-minded, desiring to follow and serve Christ like you.
- You will be mentored by faculty who care about you personally. You will not be just a number but a person who is part of a close community.
- You will develop or confirm your sense of calling, no matter where God may take you.
- You will demonstrate an understanding of, and appreciation for, the basic doctrines of the Christian faith and be able to articulate them clearly.
- You will have a clear understanding of, and appreciation for, the spiritual and social issues present in the world, and be able to address them from a Biblical perspective.
- You will be prepared to do evangelistic and compassionate outreach work in a wide variety of environments outside of traditional church settings, such as soup kitchens, missions, jails, drug rehabs, and at-risk youth programs.
- You will be equipped to establish and lead evangelistic and compassionate outreaches in a local church setting.