Associate of Arts in General Education
“Building a Solid Biblically-Based Education”
There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.—1 Corinthians 12:5-6
Ministry comes in all forms, not just in a traditional sense of becoming a pastor or a missionary within a church or parachurch organization. What if you do not feel called to train for one of those roles? Instead, what if you feel called to be a banker, a chemist, or a filmmaker within a secular workplace? Could Kingswood be the place for you? It certainly can.
We need Christians in every sphere of the workplace. Do you desire to obtain a solid education grounded upon the truths of Scripture? Our General Education degree (two-year program) offers you a quality education, to give you a Christian foundation, as you then possibly pursue further studies.
You will have opportunity to take courses in music, history, literature, scientific thought, psychology, philosophy, sociology, communications, writing and research, and mathematics, along with courses in Bible and theology. This will total 62 credit hours. If you wish to view further details regarding the program, you may check out our catalogue.
- You will receive a biblically-based general education degree, while being immersed in a Christian ministry environment.
- You will be prepared to continue your education in a liberal-arts related area.
- You will form lasting relationships with those who are like-minded, desiring to follow and serve Christ like you.
- You will be mentored by faculty who care about you personally. You will not be just a number but a person who is part of a close community.
- You will develop or confirm your sense of calling, no matter where God may take you.
- You will demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for the central doctrines of the Christian faith and be able to articulate them clearly.
- You will show an ability to view contemporary society from a biblical perspective and, in light of the historical past, develop a deeper appreciation for our Christian heritage.
- You will skillfully interpret, expound, and proclaim the Word of God through both your words and your actions.
Note: Credits earned upon your graduating from this program can be applied toward any four-year degree program at Kingswood or to a degree program at another Christian or public university. If you plan to further you education elsewhere, you should contact the university to discuss credit transfer. The A.A. degree is also an opportunity for those who do not have the desire to pursue a four-year degree to achieve a more limited educational experience in general education for personal and professional growth.