Is this program for me?
Do you have a passion for working with teenagers, seeing their potential in Christ to be world changers? Do you love the high energy students bring and their longing to understand who they are and what their purpose in life is? If so, our Youth & Family Ministry program may be exactly what you are looking for.
Practical Ministry Experience
- Gain a solid Biblical and theological foundation for effective ministry to students and their families.
- Learn effective communication skills to share God’s Word in a culturally relevant and age appropriate way.
- Get a working knowledge of the stages of adolescent development and learn how to help students through the challenging life transitions faced during these formative years.
- Become equipped to partner with families and support parents as the spiritual leaders in the home.
- Attend youth rallies, camps, and conferences to learn from those in the trenches.
- Help plan and execute activities for Kingswood’s annual Encounter Youth Rally that happens each fall.
- Spend four months on internship in your final year, serving with and learning from an experienced youth ministry leader in a local church or parachurch context.
- Introduction to Youth Ministry
- Models and Theology of Youth Ministry
- Understanding Contemporary Culture
- Adolescent Psychology
- Pastoral Ministry
- Empowering & Equipping Lay Ministry
- Principles & Practices of Discipleship
- Church Health, Growth, and Leadership
What matters most to you matters to us.
Our Kingswood Enrolment Counsellors want to hear how God is leading you and what you are most passionate about as you consider a life of purpose. They’ll answer your questions, help you determine your options, and pray with you about next steps. No pressure, no commitment – just a conversation with someone who understands that preparing for what matters most really matters.