Is this program for me?
Do you love to embrace the adventure of uncharted territory? Are you sensing God prompting you to start something new for Him to reach the unchurched? Our Church Planting program will equip you to step out in faith and confidence to plant an effective, healthy church.
Practical Ministry Experience
- Learn the careful planning required for a successful church planting initiative, including finances, outreach and evangelism strategies, and staffing.
- Take your learning on the road through field trips to church plants in a variety of denominations to see how they operate.
- Plan, organize, recruit a lead team, and actually implement a new ministry, including any necessary fundraising, through the Start Something New creative project.
- Engage in practical ministry for three hours each week under supervision.
- Learn to effectively preach, conduct weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc.
- Spend your four-month internship in your final year working with an experienced pastor in a church planting context, immersed in learning how to plant a church.
- Introduction to Compassion Ministry
- Principles of Church Planting
- Strategies in Church Planting
- Church Health, Growth, & Leadership
- Empowering & Equipping Lay Ministry
- Pastoral Ministry
- Cultural Anthropology
- Personal Evangelism
- Principles and Practices of Discipleship
What matters most to you matters to us.
Our Kingswood Enrolment Counsellors want to hear how God is leading you and what you are most passionate about as you consider a life of purpose. They’ll answer your questions, help you determine your options, and pray with you about next steps. No pressure, no commitment – just a conversation with someone who understands that preparing for what matters most really matters.