Available as a program major or minor
Is this program for me?
Do you consider yourself to be a listener with a heart for hearing people share their hopes, fears, joys, and hurts with you? Do you desire to offer others wise counsel as an encouragement to them in life’s journey? If effective ministry through counselling is your goal, our Christian Counselling program may be the perfect fit.
Practical Ministry Experience
- Develop your confidence and competence in using Christian counselling skills.
- Develop a philosophy of Christian counselling that is Christ-centered and therapeutically relevant.
- Learn how to counsel individuals and groups through classroom counselling practice sessions with fellow students, under the guidance of your professor.
- Engage in practical ministry for three hours each week under supervision.
- Complete a four-month internship in your fourth year under the supervision of an experienced counsellor in a counselling context.
- Adolescent Psychology
- Child Psychology
- Introduction to Addiction
- Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Counselling
- Crisis Counselling
- Marriage and Family Counselling
Additional courses and course descriptions can be found in our catalogue.