Ways to Give
You can support Kingswood through a number of ways. We hope you will consider both a current and a deferred gift. The following information is not exhaustive, but is designed to stimulate further thinking.
- They are tax deductible (actual savings from deduction depends on tax rate).
- They are payable over a pre-determined time period.
- They are deductible in the year that the payment is made.
Company Matching Gifts
- The gifts take advantage of programs offered by many employers.
Appreciated Stocks and Securities
- These can help you avoid payment of capital gain taxes on appreciated assets.
- These should be transferred, not sold, to Kingswood.
- You will receive deduction for full fair market value of asset at the time of the gift.
- By making a gift of a residence, farm, or vacation home, you can receive a charitable deduction for the full fair market value of the property.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Gift Annuities
- Gifts of Residual Interest
- Life Insurance Policies
- Retirement Accounts
- RRSPs & RRIFs
For more information on Ways to Give:
Debbie Benson, Donor Engagement