Kingswood University is working to maintain a safe and healthy environment for its students, staff, and guests and is fully compliant with all provincial and federal recommendations. The Administrative Cabinet will continue to monitor the requirements and advice of our provincial and federal governments and make adjustments accordingly. Updates will be provided as necessary.
Currently there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 virus at Kingwood University, nor are we aware of anyone experiencing symptoms. Members of the campus community who experience flu-like symptoms (fever, coughing, and difficulty breathing) are asked to contact the Campus Life Office immediately and self-isolate in their residence or at home. We will assist them in taking appropriate next steps including contacting the proper health authorities.
The Public Health Agency of Canada recommends the following advice to help reduce the risk of infection or spreading the infection to others. All members of our community are asked to:
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands;
- work to keep your immune system healthy by exercising, eating well, getting adequate rest, and reducing stress;
- when coughing or sneezing: cover your mouth and nose with your arm or tissues to reduce the spread of germs;
- immediately dispose of any tissues you have used into the garbage as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards
- avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick.
At this time attending events with exposure to more than 150 people, such as churches, youth rallies, or entertainment venues is ill-advised and, in some cases, not permitted.
The Administrative Cabinet will continue to monitor the situation and develop flexible options for semester completion offsite if necessary, though at present there are no plans to cancel classes. However, should this happen, we want to assure our students and parents that residences and food services will be available to those who are unable to return home safely.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact:
Kirk Sabine, Vice President for Campus Life
Janet Starks, Vice President for Academic Affairs