Job Description – Faculty of Worship Arts
Position Title: Faculty of Worship Arts
Classification: Full-time, effective July 1, 2020
Responsible To: Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA)
Position Summary: This position oversees the Worship Arts major and minor program of study, teaching, mentoring students in the program, and modelling through oversight of Kingswood’s chapel ministry.
- Oversee the Worship Arts major and minor programs of study, including:
- teaching at least two courses per semester within the Worship Arts program, sometimes including private applied music lessons;
- serving as faculty advisor for students enrolled in the Worship Arts programs, providing guidance, support, counsel, mentoring, and friendship;
- assisting students in finding placements for Supervised Ministry Experiences which meet the objectives of the program and allow for a wide range of ministry exposure;
- assisting in the ongoing process of program and curriculum assessment for the Worship Arts programs of study and their place in the larger curriculum;
actively recruiting students for the program as well as other areas of study, in cooperation with the Enrolment department;
- assisting in student success and retention.
- Provide point leadership for all campus worship experiences involving Kingswood’s students and staff, especially through the ministry of music, by leading worshipers into the presence of God:
- providing exemplary leadership in the entire worship process;
- leading a worship planning team that seeks to develop and incorporate appropriate, creative, intentional, and theologically sound elements of worship for the campus;
- inspiring students to be members of chapel worship teams, providing ongoing mentoring in their development as effective worship team members and leaders;
- assessing the overall quality of Chapel worship experiences, in conjunction with the VPAA and the Spiritual Formation Committee.
- Serve as a member of the Kingswood staff team:
- viewing the position as a ministry including investing in all students in their Christian walk as opportunities arise in the fulfillment of the position responsibilities;
- attending chapel on a regular basis, even when not directly involved;
- attending faculty and staff meetings, as well as in-service events;
- performing other duties as are necessary for academic programs and the ongoing spiritual life of the University, as requested by the VPAA.
- At least a master’s degree in a related field with an intention to complete an earned doctorate;
- Significant experience in leading worship;
- An excellent communicator, able to teach and model sound pedagogy and utilize various media formats;
- An understanding of and ability to communicate Christian values and beliefs to students;
- Strong commitment to the Wesleyan-Arminian theological perspective and to a Christ-centered approach to education for transformation.
- Godly, spiritual maturity, with full-hearted devotion to Christ and the Church;
- Genuine and apparent love for others demonstrated by a consistent spirit of kindness, compassion and respect for all;
- Integrity and moral excellence, living a life above reproach;
- Exemplary Christian character and personal conduct consistent with those required of leaders in The Wesleyan Church;
- A commitment to assist enthusiastically in fulfilling the mission of Kingswood University.
Applicants who bring diverse ethnic, racial, cultural and international perspectives are especially welcome. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.
General University Information
Kingswood University is owned and operated by The Wesleyan Church. Kingswood University exists to serve Jesus Christ by strengthening the local and global church through forming Christ-like servant leaders in a community that creatively blends academic excellence and practical ministry experience with intentional spiritual formation.
Email a cover letter of interest and resume in pdf format only to:
Dr. Janet M. Starks, VP for Academic Affairs
26 Western St., PO Box 5125
Sussex, NB, E4E 5L2
Electronic resumes and cover letters should be in PDF format.
Phone: (506) 432-4407