Job Description – Faculty in Bible & Theology
Position Title: Faculty in Bible & Theology
Classification: Full-time, effective July 1, 2020
Responsible To: Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA)
- Teach a full load of courses in the Bible & Theology department (four courses per semester), primarily at, but not limited to, the undergraduate level;
- Assist the VPAA in the systematic review and evaluation of Bible and Theology curriculum and its place in the larger curriculum;
- Serve as Program Director and faculty advisor for students by:
- providing guidance, support, counsel, mentoring, and friendship to students;
- assisting in the ongoing process of program assessment;
- actively recruiting students for the Th.B. degree as well as other areas of study, in cooperation with the Enrolment Department;
- assisting in student success and retention.
- Serve as a member of the Kingswood staff team by:
- viewing the position as a ministry including investing in all students in their Christian walk as opportunities arise in the fulfillment of the position
- attending chapel on a regular basis;
- attending faculty and staff meetings, as well as in-service events;
- performing other duties as are necessary for academic programs and the ongoing spiritual life of the University, as requested by the VPAA.
- An earned doctorate in a related field; candidates without a terminal degree may apply but must be willing to complete an earned doctorate;
- An excellent communicator, able to teach and model sound pedagogy utilizing multiple formats, and an ability to marry theory and praxis inside and outside the classroom;
- An understanding of and ability to communicate Christian values and beliefs to students;
- A strong commitment to the Wesleyan-Arminian theological perspective and to a Christ-centered approach to education for transformation.
- Godly, spiritual maturity, with full-hearted devotion to Christ and the Church;
- Genuine and apparent love for others demonstrated by a consistent spirit of kindness, compassion, and respect for all;
- Integrity and moral excellence, living a life above reproach;
- Exemplary Christian character and personal conduct consistent with those required of leaders in The Wesleyan Church;
- A commitment to assist enthusiastically in fulfilling the mission of Kingswood University.
Applicants who bring diverse ethnic, racial, cultural and international perspectives are especially welcome. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.
General University Information
Kingswood University is owned and operated by The Wesleyan Church. Kingswood University exists to serve Jesus Christ by strengthening the local and global church through forming Christ-like servant leaders in a community that creatively blends academic excellence and practical ministry experience with intentional spiritual formation.
Email a cover letter of interest and resume in pdf format only to:
Dr. Janet M. Starks, VP for Academic Affairs
26 Western St., PO Box 5125
Sussex, NB, E4E 5L2
Electronic resumes and cover letters should be in PDF format.
Phone: (506) 432-4407