PotashCorp Civic Centre
Kingswood partnered with Sussex and the surrounding townships to build a community pool and fitness facility on our campus. The PotashCorp Civic Centre was opened in October 2012. The facility includes a 25-meter swimming pool, kids and seniors’ therapy pool, indoor walking track, community room, and a fitness room equipped with aerobic and weight machines. All full-time Kingswood students receive a FULL membership, included in the university activity fee, and have daily access to the Centre. Programs offered include swimming, cycling, TRX fitness, yoga, Zumba, dance, aqua sports, personal training, and fitness challenges.
Visit the PotashCorp Civic Centre’s website here.
Kingswood Blazer athletics are coordinated through the Campus Life Department under the leadership of the student director of the Athletic Association. A combination of university intramural sport activities create opportunities for all students to participate in the development of physical fitness, teamwork, and leadership skills.
Kingswood Blazer Intramural Sport Opportunities:
- Indoor Volleyball
Other Sports Opportunities:
- Ball hockey
- Beach Volleyball
- Table Tennis
Other Leisure and Recreational Activities:
- Canoeing and kayaking on the Kennebecasis River and the Saint John River
- Cross-country skiing at Fundy Park or on the walking trails of Sussex
- Downhill skiing and snowboarding at the nearby Poley Mountain Ski Resort
- Golfing at the Sussex Golf Course
- Hiking and camping at Fundy Park, Caton’s Island, or the nearby “bluff”
- Ice skating at the 8th Hussars Arena or the Waterford outdoor rink
- Sea kayaking in Alma on the Bay of Fundy
- Skateboarding at the Princess Louise skatepark
- Taking walks along the beautiful walking trails around Sussex
Beach volleyball court, outdoor basketball pad, and small recreation field are available on campus. Other athletic programs are conducted at nearby community facilities. Ice time is arranged at the 8th Hussars sports arena three kilometres from campus.