Evangelism & SocialJustice
Evangelism, Compassion, & Social Justice
Available as a program major only
Is this degree for me?
Do you have a heart for reaching those in desperate situations like human trafficking victims, prostitutes, drug addicts, prisoners, and the poor and needy? If you are burdened to make a difference in this world as a servant and a witness, this may be the ideal program for you.
Practical Ministry Experience
- Gain a biblical understanding of the relationships between compassion, evangelism, and social justice issues and why all three must be present to give a complete representation of the gospel.
- Learn how effective outreach and ministry can serve the physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual needs of individuals.
- Be prepared to do evangelistic and compassionate outreach work for every age, from children to seniors, in a variety of environments with weekly trips to such places as street missions, transition houses, shelters, soup kitchens, prisons, drug rehabs, and at-risk youth programs.
- Use your gifts in such areas as dance, music, drama, sports, and tech each week in ministry opportunities.
- In addition to weekly and monthly service opportunities, you will head to New York City for a ten-day ministry trip, embark on a ten-day cross-cultural trip to a foreign country, and mentor and lead fellow students on ministry trips.
- Cap your learning journey with a four-month internship in your final year, under the supervision of an experienced leader in a social justice or compassion ministry in an urban or cross-cultural setting.
- Foundations of Social Justice
- History of Civil Rights & Social Justice
- Introduction to Compassion Ministry
- Urban Ministry/Community Development
- Oral Communication
- Personal Evangelism
- Regional Praxis; Urban Praxis; Cross-cultural Praxis
Additional courses and course descriptions can be found in our catalogue.