Course Delivery Schedule
Fall 2018-2019 MAPT Year at a glance (PDF)
Fall 2017-2018 MAPT Year at a glance (PDF)
Fall 2016-2017 MAPT Year at a glance (PDF)
Fall 2015-2016 MAPT Year at a glance (PDF)
Course Delivery Modalities
The MAPT core courses will be offered in a combination of on-site and off-site modalities. Please read the following:
- The first course/class will be hosted on campus as a one-week seminar. The week will begin with an introduction of the program to the cohort of students, then move into the content of the first course. The initial program orientation will introduce the students to 1) the schedule and modality of the program courses, and 2) to the concept of a “themed” set of assignments tailored to the needs of each student, culminating in a set of ministry resources for the capstone project/course. Note: Most of the outside-classroom work will be completed prior to the start of the course.
- The second course will also be hosted on campus as a one-week seminar, back-to-back with the first course. Note: Most of the outside-classroom work will be completed after the one-week on campus.
- The third course will be offered over a 10-week fall semester as a distance education course.
- The fourth course will be offered over a 10-week spring semester as a distance education course.
- The fifth course will be offered as a one-week on-campus seminar in May.
- The sixth and final course will be composed of a capstone project in which students will revise and compile a set of ministry resources oriented on a particular need or theme they had earlier identified in the orientation to the program.
- As an integral part of the MAPT program, each student will be required to engage in at least 20 hours of ministry per week for the full year of the program. This aspect of the student’s training will receive two levels of oversight: 1) general oversight by the Director of the MAPT program and 2) onsite oversight and mentoring by a Kingswood-approved mentor at the location of the student’s ministry assignment.