Kingswood University has entered into formal agreements with several institutions, allowing for smooth transfer from Kingswood to other institutions, for undergraduate or graduate study. Transfer of credit is always guided by the policies of the receiving institution.
In addition to the general transfer of credit between Wesleyan institutions, the following transfer agreements are in place:
- Houghton College (Houghton, NY) – graduates of Kingswood’s AA degrees will have satisfied the core requirements for Houghton College’s bachelor’s degrees (main campus);
- Indiana Wesleyan University (Marion, IN) – graduates of Kingswood’s AA (General Education) will have satisfied the general education requirements for IWU-Marion bachelor’s degrees, except for the Intercultural Experience, a lab science and a fine arts credit;
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University (Bartlesville, OK) – graduates of Kingswood’s AA (General Education) will have satisfied the general education requirements for Oklahoma Wesleyan’s bachelor’s degrees;
- Southern Wesleyan University (Central, SC) – graduates of Kingswood’s AA (General Education) are able to transfer up to 53 hours of credit towards Southern Wesleyan’s core curriculum.
Agreements also exist between other higher education institutions:
- Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) – because of accreditation by ABHE, students can transfer credit to and from other ABHE schools across North America.
- Acadia Divinity College, part of Acadia University (Wolfville, NS) – graduates of Kingswood’s bachelor’s degrees may be awarded up to 24 hours of advanced standing with credit to the M.Div. degree. Acadia has a standing policy which makes it possible for those who hold an undergraduate degree in theological education (such as Kingswood’s bachelor’s degrees) to complete and M.A. degree in as little as one year.
- Asbury Seminary (Wilmore, KY and Orlando, FL) – graduates of Kingswood’s bachelor’s degrees may be awarded up to 18 hours of advanced standing with credit.
- Crandall University (Moncton, NB) – Kingswood and Crandall have a mutual agreement that credit can be transferred in both directions. Specifically, graduates of Kingswood’s BA (Christian School Education) degree may complete the B.Ed. degree in three or four semesters and thus be eligible for teacher certification in New Brunswick.
- University of Maine (Presque Isle, ME) – graduates of Kingswood’s BA (Christian School Education) degree may complete the Teacher Education program in three semesters and thus be eligible for teacher certification in Maine.
- Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC) – a three-way agreement between Kingswood University, the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (Maritime District), and Master’s College and Seminary (Peterborough, ON), allows Kingswood to serve as an approved institution for ministerial preparation for the PAOC denomination.